Garden Route & Safari
Join us for a Garden Route & Safari experience, starting only 400km away from Cape Town – one of the most beautiful places in South Africa. If you don’t have time to visit the Kruger National Park but wish to see some wildlife, this tour if for you! And It’s a perfect add on to your Cape Town visit.
Travel this route with your private tour guide, relax and enjoy the scenery while your guide explains about country and its people.
- DAY 1 / OUDTSHOORN
- Your Guide picks you up at the hotel at about 8am. You travel along the Klein Karoo and the Langeberg Range to Oudtshoorn. Here you visit an ostrich farm and enjoy a typical BBQ lunch with delicious ostrich steak. Thereafter you learn everything about the ostriches during an interesting tour.
Overnight in 4 star Guesthouse incl breakfast + BBQ lunch
- DAY 2 / KNYSNA
- After breakfast, check out and drive over the Outeniqua Pass and along the coastal road via Wilderness to Knsyna. Here you take a Ferry over the Knysna lagoon to Featherbed Island, a remote Nature Reserve. Enjoy a scrumptious lunch buffet with an abundance of seefood and salads.
Afterwards you make your way by tractor up to the highest point of the reserve. Enjoy magnificent views while a guide explains about Fauna and Flora. From here you can either walk back down and take pictures along the way or hop back onto the tractor.
After being dropped by the Ferry, you are heading to the Knysna Waterfront for some time at leisure. Here you find lovely shops with handcrafted art or just enjoy the view over the lagoon with a cup of coffee in one of the cafes.
Overnight in 4 star guesthouse incl breakfast + buffet lunch
- DAY 3 / PLETTENBERG AND TSITSKAMMA
- Today we take a drive to Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve and enjoy a leisurely walk through indigenous forest along the Stormsriver mouth. With a bit of luck you can spot the shy Knysna loerie and some dolphins along the coast.
Afterwards visit Monkeyland for a tour followed by a walk on the beach before heading back to the hotel.
Optional extra: Elephant Sanctuary for an elephant in trunk experience
Overnight in 4 star guesthouse incl breakfast
- DAY 4+5 / BOTTLIERSKOP PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
- After breakfast, check out and drive to Bottlierskop, a 3500 ha Private Game Reserve, in the heart of the Garden Route, between Mosselbay and George. This malaria free, family owned and privately operated game lodge is home to an abundance of animals including 4 of the big 5, rare antelope species and unique bird life.
Enjoy the next 2 days with a true wildlife experience during 3 game drives and 1 horse back safari.
2 Overnights in luxury tented suites inclusive all meals + activities
- DAY 6 / GOOD BYE
- After check out, drive to Cape Town airport and check in for your flight back home or drop off at your hotel. Time to say good bye.