Namibia 4×4 Lodge
If you are a repeat traveller to Southern Africa and have seen Cape Town + Gardenroute or other areas, I recommend a visit to Nambia. This country is my personal favourite and ideal for selfrive! Namibia possesses some of the most stunning landscapes in Africa and a trip through the country is one big road adventure.
I recommend the Namibia 4×4 Lodge tour, if you are a repeat traveler to Southern Africa and have visited Cape Town + Garden Route or other areas.
This country is my personal favourite and ideal for self drive!
Namibia possesses some of the most stunning landscapes in Africa and a trip through the country is one big road adventure.
The gravel roads are well maintened but not always well signposted. A GPS is recommended as well as a good road map. You have to travel quite some distance to get from A to Z but the drive itself is an incredible experience.
Here is a proposal of an itinerary with overnighting in guesthouses + lodges:
- DAY 1 / WINDHOEK
- On arrival in Windhoek, collect your rental vehicle and start your journey. Depending on your time of arrival, you stay over in Windhoek or take a drive in the direction of your travel.
overnight at guesthouse / lodge outside of Windhoek incl dinner + breakfast
- DAY 2+3 / SOSSUSVLEI
- One of the highlights of this trip is a visit of the Sossusvlei dune. Situated in the largest conservation area in Africa ( the Namib Naukluft National Park ) and characterised by the large red dunes that surround it, Sossusvlei is a large, white, salt and clay pan and a great destination all year round. The dunes in this area are some of the highest in the world, reaching almost 400 meters, and provide photographic enthusiasts with wonderful images in the beautiful morning and evening
overnight in one of the lodges close to the National Park incl dinner + breakfast
- DAY 4+5 / SWAKOPMUND
- Swakopmund is Namibia’s most loved summer destination and its moderate climate offers relief from the blazing heat of the desert. It is Namibia’s second biggest town and also known as the adventure capital of the country offering plenty of outdoor activities, tourist attractions and historical sites.
overnight at 4 start guesthouse / hotel incl breakfast
- DAY 6+7 / ERONGO MOUNTAINS
- A beautiful place to visit: the volcanic Erongo Mountain Range. The mountains are flanked by the Namib Desert to the west and a mixed woodland savannah to the east. It's an ideal destination for hiking, 4x4 game drives, rock climbing, collecting minerals, mountain biking and excursions to view ancient rock painting.
overnight at one of the beautiful lodges in the area incl dinner & breakfast
- DAY 8+9 / DAMARALAND
- Damaraland, located in central Namibia, is a ruggedly beautiful region of untamed wilderness ranging from open grass plains to mountainous granite hillocks and deep gorges, and further to the west endless oceans of desert sand.
Just south of Kaokoland, Damaraland is the traditional home of the Damara people and is definitely one of the most scenic places in all of Namibia. In the northern region, Damaraland offers incredible wildlife experiences and a chance to discover the culture of the Himba tribes during an interested guided tour.
overnight at a lodge incl dinner & breakfast
- DAY 10-12 / ETOSHA NATIONAL PARK
- Etosha National Park gets its name from the large Etosha pan which is almost entirely within the park. The Etosha pan (4,760 square kilometres ) covers 23% of the area of the total area of the Etosha National Park. The park is home to hundreds of species of mammals, birds and reptiles, including several threatened and endangered species such as the black rhinoceros.
Tip: You can book a game drive in open vehicle with experienced ranger in all camps or lodges
overnight at the camp or a lodge incl dinner & breakfast ( south and eastern side of Etosha )
- DAY 13 / WATERBERG
- The Waterberg area is ideally situated for a stop over to Windhoek. There are a few lodges for accommodation and from here you can self drive to Waterberg Plateau National Park for a hike or an organised nature drive. Or visit The AfriCat Foundation which rehabilitates cheetahs, wild dogs hyaenas and leopards, there are opportunities to see these beautiful carnivores in their natural environment.
overnight at a lodge incl dinner & breakfast
- DAY 14 / GOOD BYE
- The drive from the Waterberg area is about 3 h. Time enough to get to the Windhoek airport in time for your flight back home. Time to say good bye!
- more information will be provided on request