This privacy statement was last updated on October 30, 2018.
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the data we obtain about you via https://babukaafrica.com. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
1 Purpose, data and retention period
- Name, Address and City
- E-mail address
- IP Address
- Telephone number
2 Sharing with other parties
We only share this data with processors and with other third parties for which the data subjects consent must be obtained. It concerns the following party or parties:
3 Sharing with other partiesWe only share this data with processors that are necessary for the performance of my service.
5 SecurityWe are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
6 Third party websitesThis privacy statement does not apply to third party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
7 Amendments to this privacy statementWe reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
8 Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us by using the information below. You have the following rights:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
9 Submitting a complaintIf you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle (a complaint about) the processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
10 Contact details
4 Loop Street
8001 Cape Town
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
BackupsPer the functionality of this plugin, backups of your website files and/or database are created and stored locally on your server and/or remotely on 3rd party servers based on the settings of this plugin. Archives can include, but are not limited to, file and database assets, including hashed passwords, 3rd party data, uploads and user information. These backups are stored to provide critical functionality of this plugin.
CookiesCookies are used to handle importing and restoring backups.
Plugin SettingsSome plugin settings ask for an email address or login credentials to 3rd party services. This is stored to provide functional features to the plugin.
Recent ActivityThis plugin tracks dates, times and actions of successful and unsuccessful backups and remote data transfers. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
LoggingThis plugin logs some personal information such as email addresses, usernames, database and server information. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
How long we retain your data
BackupsBackup retention is completely up to the website owner. This can vary from less than one minute to indefinitely.
CookiesCookies used during the restore/import process expire after 24 hours.
Plugin SettingsSettings are retained indefinitely until they are changed or removed manually.
Where we send your data
BackupsBackups are not automatically sent to remote destinations automatically, however backups can be configured to be sent to third-party servers.
How we protect your data
BackupsBackup zip files are stored with hashed file names to prevent filename guessing and directory browsing is disabled.
What third parties we receive data from
Backup DestinationsBackups can be sent to third-party destination servers, including but not limited to: